Sunday, June 25, 2006

I Have Updated My Chess Site

I have updated several of the pages at my chess site which is located at http://www.mikeseroveyonchess.com. The pages are my game with Dante Benez played on 17 November 1985, my Benoni Defense page, my Blackmar-Diemer Gambit page, my English Opening page, my French Defense page, my Gedult-Gunderam page, my Grob Attack page, and my Italian Game page. I have also added my loss to Stuart S. Finney playing the White side of the French Defense. In time I will be adding more games form OTB play as well as some correspondence games and some ICC games. I also have other web sites that I need to be working on, so I don't have all day to spend on chess. Maybe someday I will be able to become a professional chess player!

I got a card in the mail a few days ago that is advertising the 14th annual Southern Open. It is in Altamonte Springs, near Orlando, and is about an hour drive from here. I am hoping that I can catch a ride with someone who lives near me and share a room with him. The room rate is $79 a night whether it has one person in it or four. That would make the trip affordable for me. Otherwise, I plan to take half point byes in the first two rounds and drive back and forth both days. Gas is still cheaper than staying one night in a hotel room by myself! Or, I may take the byes in the morning rounds so that I can sleep in a little before i have to drive there.

No comments: